This year’s ‘book party’ in celebration of the longlist of eleven books for this year’s Nigeria Prize for Literature holds next Sunday August 7 at the Muson Centre, Lagos.
Organised by the Committee for Relevant Arts (CORA), in collaboration with the Nigerian Liquefied Natural Gas (NLNG), the sponsors of the Literature Prize, all the eleven poets long-listed in the race for $100,000 grand prize will be celebrated at the event.
In its 13th edition this year, the organisers said virtual guests would be able to follow the proceedings online as it will be live-streamed on several social media platforms.
The book party follows last month’s announcement by the Advisory Board for The Nigeria Prize for Literature approving the release of the Longlist of 11 drawn from 287 books of poetry in the running for the 2022 edition of the prize.
The 11 books on the longlist, in alphabetical order by the title of the books, are:
- Augusta’s Poodle by Ogaga Ifowodo
- Coming Undone As Stitches Tighten by Iquo DianaAbasi
- Dispossessed by James Eze
- Ife Testament by Olusegun Adekoya
- Memory and the Call of Waters by S. Su’eddie Agema
- Nomad by Romeo Oriogun
- The Lilt of The Rebel by Obari Gomba
- The Love Canticles by Chijioke Amu Nnadi
- Wanderer Cantos by Remi Raji
- Yawns and Belches by Joe Ushie
- Your Crib, My Qibla by Saddiq Dzukogi.